Aims of the resource:
• To learn about social phenomena such as trafficking, pornography and prostitution within
the framework of national and international institutions.
• To help students critically review the sex industry and its impact on their lives.
• To help students think about personal boundaries, and about their right to insist that these
• To identify sexual abuse as an abuse of Human Rights.
• To enable students to see the links between various practices which demean women as well
as men, and to understand the abuses of power behind them.
• To enable students to understand the pressures that drive young people into prostitution and
the links with drug addiction.
• To inform students where they might seek help.
More information on Womankind