How Violent Are We? clarifies some of the differences between domestic violence and other forms of violence and how different kinds of violence affect men and women differently.
• To help students consider the impact of domestic violence on both parents and children/young people.
• To help students consider the power dynamics behind violence.
• To enable students to take responsibility for their actions and to develop ways of controlling anger.
• To enable students to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women by organising a White Ribbon Campaign for 25th November. Either by challenging sexual bullying across the school or by running a more general campaign in their community.
• To provide the ideas and tools necessary for an effective campaign.
• To place the students’ action in a local, national or international context.
Find out more about Womankind